The Bluetooth config options are: Enabled, Pairing Mode and Fixed PIN Value. Bluetooth config uses an admin message sending a
ESP32 Devices: Bluetooth will be disabled if WiFi is enabled. The WiFi setting takes precedence.
Bluetooth Config Values
Specify pairing mode.
RANDOM_PIN generates a random PIN during runtime.
FIXED_PIN uses the fixed PIN that should then be additionally specified.
NO_PIN disables PIN authentication.
If your pairing mode is set to
FIXED_PIN, the default value is 123456. For all other pairing modes, this number is ignored. A custom integer (6 digits) can be set via the Bluetooth config options.
Default Pairing Mode
The default pairing mode will be determined based on whether the device has or does not have a screen attached to it during the first boot (or with a stale device state) unless manually configured via the Bluetooth config options.
- Screen Attached: If your device boots up for the first time (or with a stale device state), and a screen is detected, the default pairing mode will be set to
RANDOM_PIN. Should the attached screen be removed after the device has already been booted, the default pairing mode of
RANDOM_PINwill remain unless manually changed to
NO_PIN. It is recommended the pairing mode be updated prior to removing the attached screen.
- No Screen Attached: If your device boots up for the first time (or with a stale device state), and no screen is detected, the default paring mode will be set to
FIXED_PINwith the aforementioned default value unless manually configured to a custom value.
Configure Bluetooth Config
All Bluetooth config options are available for Android.
- Open the Meshtastic App
- Navigate to: Vertical Ellipsis (3 dots top right) > Device Settings > Bluetooth Config
All Bluetooth config values are available on iOS, iPadOS and macOS.
- Open the Meshtastic App
- Navigate to: Settings > Radio Configuration > Bluetooth (BLE)
All Bluetooth module config options are available in the python CLI. Example commands are below:
Because the device will reboot after each command is sent via CLI, it is recommended when setting multiple values in a config section that commands be chained together as one.
meshtastic --set bluetooth.enabled true --set bluetooth.fixed_pin 111111
meshtastic --set bluetooth.enabled true
meshtastic --set bluetooth.enabled false
meshtastic --set bluetooth.mode FIXED_PIN
meshtastic --set bluetooth.fixed_pin 111111
All Bluetooth module config options are available for the Web UI.
- Open the Meshtastic Web UI.
- Navigate to: Device Config > Bluetooth