Supported Clients per Connection Type
Depending on your connection, some configuration options are not fully supported. Find out which client is best for your type of connection.
Connecting over network is only supported on ESP32 devices.
Set Regional Settings
In order to start communicating over the mesh, you must set your region. This setting controls which frequency range your device uses and should be set according to your regional location.
- Follow the installation and usage instructions for Meshtastic Android.
- Open the app, connect to the device from your phone over USB Serial or Bluetooth.
- Once paired, Click "UNSET" next to the device name.
- Select the region from the list according to your regional location.
Configuration of Region, Modem Preset and Hop Limit is available on iOS, iPadOS and macOS at Settings > Radio Configuration > LoRa.
- Install Meshtastic PythonCLI
pip3 install --upgrade pytap2
pip3 install --upgrade meshtastic
- Run the following command, replacing
<REGION-CODE>with the region code listed above according to your regional location.
meshtastic --set lora.region <REGION-CODE>
- Open the Meshtastic Web interface: client.meshtastic.org
- Navigate to the LoRa menu.
- Under Regional Settings, set your Region according to your regional location.
- Click Save.
|European Union 433MHz|
|European Union 868MHz|
|Australia & New Zealand|
|New Zealand 865MHz|
|2.4 GHz band worldwide|
EU_433 and EU_868 have to adhere to an hourly duty cycle limitation of 10%. Your device will stop transmitting if you reach it, until it is allowed again.
Now that you have set the LoRa region on your device, you can continue with configuring any additional configs to suit your needs.