nRF52 devices from RAK are able to accept OTA firmware updates from a mobile device over bluetooth. The T-Echo bootloader does not have OTA support.
As of this writing, the current Android release of the nRF DFU app (v2.3.0) is not compatible with Meshtastic firmware updates. Please use the instructions below for updating via OTA with the nRF Connect App.
OTA firmware updates are available for Android using an older release of the more advanced nRF Connect App version 4.24.3 which is available for download from the Nordic Semiconductor GitHub page.
- Download the firmware release you wish to install from the Meshtastic Download Page or Meshtastic GitHub.
- Unzip the firmware folder
- Open the nRF Connect App and select CONNECT on your device from the SCANNER tab
- Select the DFU icon from the top-right of the screen
- Select the correct device firmware file (will end with -ota.zip)
- The update will start automatically
OTA firmware updates are available on iOS & iPadOS using the nRF Device Firmware Update App available through the Apple App Store