Drag & Drop nRF52 Firmware Updates
Download and unzip the latest firmware from Meshtastic Downloads.
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB data cable.
- Double click the reset button on your device (this will put it into bootloader mode)
- Notice a new drive will be mounted on your computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- Open this drive and you should see three files:
- Drop the appropriate firmware file (
firmware-DEVICE_NAME-vx.x.x-xxxxxxx.uf2) from the release onto this drive.
Once the file has finished copying onto the drive, the device will reboot and install the Meshtastic firmware.
Issues When Upgrading from A Previous Version of Meshtastic
Previous versions of the Meshtastic firmware may save stale data, causing devices to get stuck in a crash loop during startup. If you experience issues when upgrading your nRF52 device from a previous version of Meshtastic, you may need to perform a full factory reset of the internal flash memory.
Follow the guide to factory erase your nRF52 device before continuing to flash firmware.
Connect and Configure Device
After flashing the Meshtastic firmware to the device, you can proceed with the initial configuration.