Upgrading from a previous version of Meshtastic
If you are upgrading your NRF52 device from a previous version of Meshtastic rather than starting from scratch, you may need to do a full factory reset of the internal flash memory. Stale data saved by previous versions of the Meshtastic firmware can cause devices to get stuck in a crash loop at startup.
Download and unzip the latest firmware from Meshtastic Downloads.
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB data cable.
- Double click the reset button on your device (this will put it into bootloader mode)
- Notice a new drive will be mounted on your computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- Open this drive and you should see three files:
- Drop the appropriate firmware file (
firmware-DEVICE_NAME-vx.x.x-xxxxxxx.uf2) from the release onto this drive.
Once the file has finished copying onto the drive, the device will reboot and install the Meshtastic firmware.