This project uses the simple PlatformIO build system. PlatformIO is an extension to Microsoft VSCode.
- Install Python.
- Install Git or GitHub Desktop
- Install Microsoft Visual Studio Code
- Install PlatformIO.
- Click the PlatformIO icon on the side bar.
Quick Access, Miscellaneous, Clone Git Projectenter the URL of the Meshtastic repo found here.
- Select a file location to save the repo.
- Once loaded, open the
- At the line
default_envsyou can change it to the board type you are building for ie.
tlora-v2, tlora-v1, tlora-v2-1-1.6, tbeam, heltec, tbeam0.7(boards are listed further down in the file).
- The hardware can be configured for different countries by adding a definition to the
HW_VERSION_EU433, HW_VERSION_EU865, HW_VERSION_CN, HW_VERSION_JP. Other country settings can be found in
MeshRadio.h. The default is
- Click the PlatformIO icon on the side bar. Under
Project Tasksyou can now build or upload.
To get a clean build you may have to delete the auto-generated file
./.vscode/c_cpp_properties.json, close and re-open Visual Studio and WAIT until the file is auto-generated before compiling again.