The Bluetooth config options are: Enabled, Pairing Mode and Fixed PIN Value. Bluetooth config uses an admin message sending a
ESP32 Devices: Bluetooth will be disabled if WiFi is enabled. The WiFi setting takes precedence.
Bluetooth Config Values
Specify pairing mode.
RANDOM_PIN generates a random PIN during runtime.
FIXED_PIN uses the fixed PIN that should then be additionally specified.
NO_PIN disables PIN authentication.
Default Pairing Mode
The default pairing mode will be determined based on whether the device has or does not have a screen attached to it during the first boot (or with a stale device state) unless manually configured via the Bluetooth config options.
- Screen Attached: If your device boots up for the first time (or with a stale device state), and a screen is detected, the default pairing mode will be set to
RANDOM_PIN. Should the attached screen be removed after the device has already been booted, the default pairing mode of
RANDOM_PINwill remain unless manually changed to
NO_PIN. It is recommended the pairing mode be updated prior to removing the attached screen.
- No Screen Attached: If your device boots up for the first time (or with a stale device state), and no screen is detected, the default paring mode will be set to
FIXED_PINwith the default value listed below unless manually configured to a custom value.
If your pairing mode is set to
FIXED_PIN, the default value is 123456. For all other pairing modes, this number is ignored. A custom integer (6 digits) can be set via the Bluetooth config options.
Configure Bluetooth Config
All Bluetooth config options are available for Android.
- Open the Meshtastic App
- Navigate to: Vertical Ellipsis (3 dots top right) > Radio Configuration > Bluetooth
All Bluetooth config values are available on iOS, iPadOS and macOS.
- Open the Meshtastic App
- Navigate to: Settings > Radio Configuration > Bluetooth (BLE)
All Bluetooth module config options are available in the python CLI. Example commands are below:
Because the device will reboot after each command is sent via CLI, it is recommended when setting multiple values in a config section that commands be chained together as one.
meshtastic --set bluetooth.enabled true --set bluetooth.fixed_pin 111111
meshtastic --set bluetooth.enabled true
meshtastic --set bluetooth.enabled false
meshtastic --set bluetooth.mode FIXED_PIN
meshtastic --set bluetooth.fixed_pin 111111
All Bluetooth module config options are available for the Web UI.
- Open the Meshtastic Web UI.
- Navigate to: Radio Config > Bluetooth